Friday, November 29, 2013

He is good...


Jorge and Angelica
My mind races with a ton of things zipping in and out as thoughts run wild. …. I’m meeting my beautiful sister for a lunch date, which we haven’t had for a long time; I can hear my new neighbors/co-workers moving in upstairs; we’re planning a Christmas/Italian fundraiser for the school so details and ideas are unending; I was contacted about backpacks being given out and if we have a place we know could use them, yes we do, Arizpe; and on and on the list goes! Are you still with me?! :) 

Surprise! We're going to a hockey game!
In the midst of the racing I am overwhelmed with God and His goodness...I left the dishes in the sink in the midst of washing and have come to sit down and write a much delayed note to you. The last time, I wrote on His faithfulness and how evident that has been in my life,  but now I want to ponder his goodness. I am blown away with how GOOD He is. So often we wonder where God is in the bad times, or why He allows things to happen, but might I suggest we fail to recognize Him in the GOOD times? As we’re in the season of American Thanksgiving and approaching Christmas, I am once again reminded of how very blessed I am. And not only that, but how God lavishes His goodness over my life.


I see His goodness in the way He provides for my physical needs, providing me with a place to live and settle into. I recently moved downstairs into my parent's former house as they’ve moved into their new house! Just for the record, let’s just say that everyone moving at the same time isn’t a good idea, I don’t recommend it! :) We didn’t really have a choice as everyone needed to be out so others could move in, but still!

My sis and I
I see His goodness in the way He’s allowed my family to be together. I am going to be an Auntie for the first time and I am absolutely THRILLED!!! I love that I live close to Hannah and Kyler and I look forward to welcoming the newest member to our family into this world when that day comes! :) 

I see His goodness in my walk with Him day by day. Tho I come, imperfect and simple, He uses me for His glory and has compassion on me. I love how He chooses ordinary people to carry out His plans because otherwise I know I would never qualify to serve Him! Isn’t He good? He does’t wait for us to “have it together!” (Good thing!) 

My Bible study ladies minus one
And I see His goodness in holding me up when I can’t walk on my own. There are circumstances and hard times that come into each and every one of our lives and you know what? We don’t have to walk it alone. I am so thankful because God isn’t a figure way up in the sky that sits on a throne and wags his finger down at us sinful humans....no! He is among us, active and ALIVE in us! He loves us so very much and wants to be a part of our every day life! He wants to bless us and have a loving relationship with us.....wow. He is GOOD


I hope this finds you well and encouraged, take heart because we serve a good God. I leave you with this, Psalms 27:13-14: 

“I remain confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart

    and wait for the Lord.”



                                         With much love,
                                                                   Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment